Questions to ask in an interview for administrative assistant job
- Why did you apply for this job position and what makes you think you are the best fit for this role?
- You will be required to spend some time responding to clients’ phone calls. How comfortable are you with high volumes and multiple lines of incoming calls?
- In your understanding of this position, what skills do you think are most crucial for an administrative assistant and why?
- Tell me about a time in your previous work, when you had to support a large team. Were you successful and how did you manage the situation?
- How do you work when faced with stress or pressure in job?
- You have a record of a previous work experience, can you explain why you left your last role?
- Do you tend to like working independently or as a member of a team?
- What role do you think that the administrative assistant plays in the corporate culture?
- Do you think you are a good communicator? If yes, do you think you former colleagues would agree or disagree?
- Aside from your basic duties, what other duties have you performed as an administrative assistant that were beyond what was expected of you?
Get Help With Your Homework
We only need your paper requirements to create a plagiarism-free paper on timeWrite My Paper For Me
- Has bookkeeping skills that may help in collecting and recording vital records.
- Has skills to use office suite software – Microsoft office.
- A high school graduate. This level of education adds skills such as reading comprehension, writing and active listening among others.
- No work experience. Working in an Ice Cream & Hot Dogs job does not improve one’s abilities to handle tasks as administrative assistant.
- Inadequate skills besides education. No proper record of applying bookkeeping and typing skills and neither of these skills were acquired from a reputable institution.
- Inadequate technology skills, such as Microsoft PowerPoint, a software that is essential in the job of administrative assistant.
- Poor written comprehension and expression. The resume does not provide any justification to be hired in the position.
- Disorganized resume that lacks proper information ordering. An administrative assistant is expected to arrange things in a certain manner such that the information is easily accessible.
- Sufficient work experience. Worked for 15 years in a similar position.
- English language fluency.
- Knowledge in Spanish, which is an added advantage when dealing with international clients and staff.
- Knowledgeable in essential software used by administrative assistant, including Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Access.
- Extensive knowledge in bookkeeping and legal ledgers which is helpful in preparing invoices and record keeping.
- Meets college educational qualifications.
- Proper written expression and information ordering which are evident in how the resume is organized and data arranged.
- No response on physical abilities to lift weights or engage in intense activities.
J. D. Apple
- Work experience in similar job position
- Knowledge in presentation software – Microsoft PowerPoint – and office suite software – Microsoft Office.
- Educational qualifications, high school graduate.
- Does not meet the preferred education level, bachelor’s degree.
- No indication of physical ability to carry weights.
- Does not meet the required minimum work experience of 4 years.
- Meets the required work experience as a professional legal administrative assistant.
- Has knowledge on Microsoft office suite software.
- Awards on exemplary performance in school and in the profession.
- Poor writing skills, exemplified by the commanding tone. E.g. Hire me!
- Inadequate legal education.
- No contact details or address in the resume.
- Educational qualification.
- Meets the required professional work experience.
- Skilled in Microsoft office suite software and legal software, such as Lexus.
- No indication of physical abilities to carry weights.
The two candidates
The candidate meets the requirements of the position as far as educational qualifications and work experience are concerned. He is fluent in English and Spanish languages, which is an added advantage in dealing with clients. The candidate has the required knowledge of software useful to administrative assistant, such as Microsoft Office Suite. The resume is professionally crafted indicating excellent written expression. When compared to the others, this candidates shows great potential for the position of administrative assistant.
The candidates meets the required educational and work experience. The candidate has necessary skills in essential software and show excellent information ordering which can be vital for an administrative assistant. The candidate is among the most qualified of the five.