- In what area does General Motors earn its highest return on capital?
selling logo merchandise
post-sales parts and
- A key feature of scientific management is that workers are limited only by
their job description
- Decisions regarding which of the following are not part of the production
flow of goods and services through the facility
flexible manufacturing system (FMS) machines
- Suppose that a plant has a daily productivity of 0.85 parts per employee?
What can we conclude?
the plant must be very labor-intensive
the plant is not earning profits
the plant must be highly automated
the plant should lay off workers
- Highly labor intensive services are called _ .
- What is a type of automation system that provides the
flexibility of intermittent operations with the efficiency of repetitive
- Which of the following is not an argument in favor of having multiple
The Just-in-time philosophy can be better
Supplier capacity is less important.
Volume flexibility is obtained.
Risks may be spread.
New suppliers may more easily be tested.
- A constant concern within purchasing departments is the issue of ethics in
- Increases in international trade during the 1980s created a need for the
development of __ standards of quality.
- For a cause-and-effect diagram, causes could be related to all of the
- What are preset ranges of acceptable quality characteristics?
- What measures the central tendency of a set of data?
- Causes of variation that can be identified and eliminated are called what?
- What are the two types of control charts for attributes?
x-bar and p
x-bar and R
R and c
p and R
- The Six Sigma approach is organized around a plan known as
four step, PDAC
four step, DMAC
five step PDACR
five step DMAIC
five step, DMCRA
- With JIT a company’s relationship with its suppliers includes
Being in partnership with
Buying parts from the cheapest supplier
Having as many suppliers as possible
- Quality in just-in-time is centered on building quality into the
- What is the term for an adjustment of a machine after making one product
type so that production can begin for another product type?
- One of the greatest benefits of JIT would be
increasing waste and improving
longer lead times and increased
decreased machine utilization and improved
competing based on
eliminating waste, improving responsiveness and competing based on
- The role of production employees in JIT includes all of the following except
Be actively engaged in improving the production
Follow clearly defined and limiting work
Act on the information they have
- The OM supervisor informs you, the researcher, that the data has a large
standard deviation. What data pattern would you expect to observe once you generated a
time series trend?
insufficient information to derive a valid
- Which of the following is a causal forecasting method?
Trend adjusted exponential smoothing
- What does the linear regression line do?
Minimizes sum of errors
Minimizes product of squared errors
Minimizes sum of squared
Minimizes product of errors
Minimizes sum of absolute value of errors
- Qualitative forecasting methods
are made objectively by the forecaster
are made subjectively by the
are made using existing data sources
are based on mathematical
are only used in parallel with quantitative models
- Suppose that you are using the four-period simple moving average method
to forecast sales, and sales have been decreasing by 10% every period. How will your
Forecasts will be lower than actual.
Forecasts will be higher than
Forecasts will equal actual.
Forecasts will be increasing.
Forecasts will be decreasing by 2.5% every period.
BUS 515 Rev 12
Get Help With Your Homework
We only need your paper requirements to create a plagiarism-free paper on timeWrite My Paper For Me