Weekly Learning Outcomes
This week students will
- Evaluate various data sources for use in data analytics.
- Select a sample population for a survey.
- Recommend appropriate sample size for the chosen population.
- Identify potential issues in survey design.
- Develop a sample survey.
Week 3 focuses on sources of data—specifically, studies and surveys. In this week’s discussion forum, you will identify a sample population to participate in a survey for an organization’s new product. In your assignment, you will build upon your discussion content to create a persuasive survey proposal.
Sampling a Population for Survey Role Play Activity [WLOs: 2, 3] [CLOs: 4, 5]. 1st Post Due by Day 3. Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapters 8 and 9 of the textbook. You have been hired as a marketing consultant in your company, or a company or public service organization of your choosing. The organization is asking you to identify a sample population to determine the demand for a product or service they are planning to offer. You will need to provide an unbiased sample survey that best represents the population.
In your post,
• State the organization’s industry or purpose.
• Identify the product or services selected for conducting the survey.
• State the problem that the product or service will solve.
• Explain what the organization wants to learn about the product or services from the survey.
• Explain how and where you determined your sample population and why your sample choice
will get you the data you need.
• Determine a sample size that will adequately represent the population for your example and
how you determined this is an adequate sample size in your survey.
Week 3 Reflective Journal [WLOs: 1, 4] [CLOs: 1, 3, 4]. Due by Day 7. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 5 and 6 in Superforecasting. The intent of the journal is to apply what you have learned to how data analytics is applied in industry. After reading the assigned chapters of Superforecasting this week, write a reflective journal of the three most important take-aways contained in the chapters. Your journal should be between two to three pages excluding cover and reference page.
Survey Proposal [WLOs: 4, 5] [CLOs: 4, 5]. Due by Day 7. Prior to beginning work on this
assignment, review Chapters 8 and 9 of your textbook.
In this week’s discussion, you identified parameters for your sample population. Now, you will need to
create a survey proposal. Your survey must be thorough and persuasive enough to convince your
leadership to sponsor your survey.
In your paper,
• Explain why you want to conduct the survey and what you hope to gain from the survey
• Identify the type(s) of data you hope to collect.
• Outline the parameters for your proposed survey, taking into consideration what you believe
management wants to know.
• Create 10 sample questions that will be used in your survey, considering common issues in
• Explain your reasoning for choosing your sample questions.